Fire Alarms and Sprinklers Provide Important Safety Measures
Making a plan to protect your loved ones and your property in the event of a fire is a necessary precaution. From homes and schools to hospitals and data centers, it is essential that plans and procedures are in place to make sure that you have a working alarm system. In addition, large spaces like hotels and apartments are also required to fire sprinkler services as part of their overall plans.
Various types of fire protection services are specifically catered to different kinds of space and buildings. For instance, as more and more data centers are build across the country there is an even greater need for some very specific types of fire protection services for those spaces. As an example, America based small data centers, those below 2,500 square feet, are required to have Early Warning Fire Detection (EWFD) systems in place.
Fire Protective Services Help Buildings of All Types and Sizes Remain Safer During an Emergency
As the nation watches students across America talk about armed shooter drills in their schools, it is important to note that while these seem like drastic measures, schools have long been preparing their students for fire and other kinds of emergency drills. In fact, any time there is a space that has lots of people, it is certain that there are very detailed directions about what to do in the event of a fire. And while the drills and procedures are important, none of these spaces and people will be safe if there is not a quality and recently inspected fire protection system:
Consider these facts and figures about the importance of fire sprinkler installations and other types of fire protection services:
- Motel and hotel fires cause an estimated 15 deaths and 150 injuries each and every year.
- Motel and motel fires result in $76 million in property loss on a yearly basis.
- 55% of medical facility fires are caused by confined cooking fires.
- Non-chemical suppression systems operate effectively 96% of the time in commercial areas with large oven ranges.
- U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 6,240 structure fires in or on health care properties a year between 2006 and 2010.
- By implementing the latest fire protection services, fires in warehouse properties have declined substantially over the past 30 years, dropping to 1,200 in 2011 from 4,700 in 1980.
If you are a property owner, you understand the importance of making sure that your workers, students, and patients are safe. Making sure that your fire protection serves are up to date is an essential part of this process.